Friday, May 13, 2016

CAS Mix Up Challenge; Muse Challenge #165; Winnie & Walter Challenge Join in and Win; SSS Flickr Challenge #44

Hi there blog friends,
I've spent a lot of time in my craft room this week, so I'm playing along in a few more challenges...Here we go ~


 
Muse Challenge #165

 


First up is a card I created for the CAS Mix Up May Challenge, this week's Muse Card Challenge #165, and Winnie & Walter - Join in and Win Challenge. My card design is based on this gorgeous card (above) by the amazing, Anita Bowden. Here is my take:




I chose a slightly lighter shade of pink for my 'white space', and went with Anita's design and white embossing technique. I used pink and white Prismacolor Pencils to shade the petals and leaves, and added a few silver sequins for some sparkle. To fulfill the parameters for the CAS Mix Up Challenge, I stamped and heat embossed the flower, leaves and sentiment, and for 'my choice', I masked the elements on this card. For the Winnie & Walter challenge, I used all of their products for this card.

Here is a close up of the coloring:

 


*******************

I also wanted to share a card I created for the SSS Flickr Challenge #44.



This (2 week) challenge closed yesterday, and the theme was Mother's Day and/or Flowers. Since all of my Mother's Day cards were done, I decided to use the SSS Spring Flowers stamp set, and colored them with Brushos. The 'You' sentiment is also a SSS Exclusive set, and the patterned paper on the left side is from my stash.

So, that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by ~ Have a great weekend,












24 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful flower on the pink cardstock, Barb! It's so delicate and stunning! Love the pretty, playful petals of your second card too! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

Karren said...

Beautiful cards, Barb. The softness of the muse card is so pretty and I love the bold brightness of your second card.

Betty said...

both such beautiful cards Barb! love the design on both of them - both so classy!

Cathy said...

2 gorgeous cards, Cathy x

Loll said...

Hi Barb. Your pink card is so beautiful using coloured card stock and colouring with your prisma pencils. Love take on Anita's beautiful card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Love the second card with the bright spring colours. Gorgeous layout and design. xx

Jenni's Jems said...

Two beautiful cards and two different styles both eye catching and beautifully coloured! x

TaeEun said...

Both are beautiful, Barb! Love the subtle shading on the pink flower and the arrangement of the flowers on the second card! Have a wonderful weekend!

lostinpaper said...

Your flowers are so beautiful Barb, love how you created the monochromatic embossed pink design, it's so elegant!

Neets B said...

These are both so gorgeous, Barb. I love the delicate colouring with your Prismacolors, looks so pretty on the light pink. And the citrus tones on your second card are so cheerful.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Greta said...

Beautiful work, Barb! I really love your Spring Flowers card! I'm using a gc to get that set even though I told myself I have enough flowers--haha!

Nora Noll said...

What stunning cards you created!!! I love how you used the Prismacolors. I am TERRIBLE at them and even though I try, I struggle getting the look I want. The colors on your second card are just lovely!!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous florals Barb. Each one is lovely and fits perfectly with their challenges.

Anita in France said...

What gorgeous pink and white florals, Barb ... so elegant and so beautifully shaded! Those softly coloured whimsical blooms on your second card are just lovely ... and delightfully whimsical ... love how the die cut shades match the flowers! Hugs, Anita :)

Ardyth said...

Fantastic florals! Love the subtle shading on your Muse card! So glad you joined us this week!

Magic Flying Boots said...

Oh wow, both these cards are stunning! I absolutely love the gentle colouring you have used on the pink card - just perfect!

Jen xx

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful heat embossed flower on your pink toned CS. Love your rounded corners and added bling. TFS Barb and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

Beauty, and delight, always found here, Barb! OH do I LOve the flowers you've 'picked' xx
=]

Kay Miller said...

Oh these are both so pretty! I love the technique you used on the pink one of shading in the embossed flowers. I need to remember that! The second one is colored so beautifully and springlike! Gorgeous work on both of them!!

Joyce said...

Two beautiful cards. I love your first one--so very serene with it's limited colors. And, your second is also gorgeous and colorful. Love how you colored those flowers.

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb your Muse and your SSS Flickr cards are just so gorgeous! The white embossing makes such a statement and those flowers are coloured beautifully!!

Aileen said...

So much beauty, love how you have done these. The Love you card in pink so soft and pretty and the one under, that Simon Says flower is a stunner.

Sandra (Sunny) said...

Great cards, I love especially the second one.

Thanks for sharing.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Breathtaking!!!

cm said...

A duo of dazzling florals, Barb! Love the pencil shading you added to the first (note to self: DO!) and the brushos citron palette of the second. Stunning!
Hugs~c